Ключи предназначены исключительно для самопроверки. Любой язык предполагает возможность выразить одну и ту же мысль несколькими способами, поэтому всегда лучше думать самостоятельно и обращаться к готовым ответам лишь в случае затруднений. Кроме того, любой опытный учитель с легкостью отличит самостоятельно выполненную работу учащегося от списанной с ключей.
the flag of the country
the cat’s paw, the paw of the cat
the branch of the tree
the letter of the alphabet
the sailor’s cabin, the cabin of the sailor
the teacher’s desk, the desk of the teacher
the trunk of the car
the screen of the laptop
the bride’s ring, the ring of the bride
the key of the keyboard
the Chinaman’s shop, the shop of the Chinaman
the day of the week
the fish’s eye, the eye of the fish
the doctor’s salary, the salary of the doctor
the beginning of the story
the foot of the mountain
the man’s foot, the foot of the man
1 – are – b
2 – is – g
3 – (don’t) – c
4 – are – a
5 – (don’t) – d
6 – (are/aren’t) – e
7 – is – h
8 – is – i
9 – doesn’t – j
10 – is – f
1. The wheel of your bike doesn’t fit mine. 2. Where are the new grandpa’s glasses? 3. There are 6 rooms in the Williams’(s) house. 4. The branches of trees often break during thunderstorms. 5. How many pupils are there in your son’s class? 6. All of the students’ answers are wrong. 7. Do you take care of granny’s animals in the village in summer? 8. The snowman’s nose looks strange, take a carrot and stick it onto/into the head. 9. The hands of this clock/watch glow in the dark. 10. Women’s clothes are in the next department. 11. Do you sell men’s shoes? 12. How much are you sister’s earrings? 13. The brothers’ flats are in the same house. 14. The screen of the phone is really bright. It’s convenient in the daytime, in sunny weather. 15. The Moon is a natural satellite of the Earth. 16. The depth of the ocean in the Mariana Trench is about 11 km. 17. The dog’s bowl is empty, pour some water in it. 18. The animals of Madagascar are truly amazing. 19. Take a look at the surface of the lake – it’s like a mirror! 20. All the cars in the parking lot are our teachers’ vehicles.
1. to come/to be
2. to spend
3. to buy
4. to come
5. to stay
6. to do
7. to plant
8. to make
9. to walk/to play
10. to ask
11. to arrive
12. to help
13. to keep
14. to play
15. to cook
1. Many people like adventure films. many people like to watch adventure films. Do you like to watch adventure films? I don’t like to watch comedies..
2. We want holidays. We want to have a rest in January. Do you want to have a rest abroad this year? He doesn’t want to have a rest, he is not tired yet.
3. I advise you to hand in the report in advance. I don’t advise you to hurry.
4. Do not try to deceive us.
5. Would you like to go to the South with us?
6. Tom hates to get up early.
7. Mr Brown is an instructor. He teaches people (how) to drive a car.
8. This method helps to solve the task/problem quickly.
9. Do you allow your children to miss school? (Do you let your children miss school?)
10. Our friends always persuade us to stay for a few more days but we are in a hurry and go back home.
11. Don’t you want to meet these people?
12. The neighbour forgets to switch off the light when he leaves home.
13. The grandma asks her grandson to be always polite.
14. The teacher tells the students to keep quiet while he is not in the classroom.
15. Try to remember ten English words a day.
1. Who celebrates her birthday…?
2. What happens…?
3. What uses hydrogen…?
4. Who never falls asleep…?
5. What surprises… ?
6. What never sleeps?
7. Who scolds Tina…?
8. Who agrees…?
9. What washes better than… ?
10. What sells well?
1. Who helps the parents in the (vegetable-)garden?
2. Who knows the right answer?
3. Who washes up in the house?
4. Who usually takes the children to school?
5. Who substitutes for your teacher when he is away?
6. Who celebrates New Year in Europe?
7. Who repairs bikes in our town?
8. Who goes fishing with you?
9. Who visits friends in the morning?
10. Who draws cartoons for your newspaper?
11. What happens at Christmas in Spain?
12. What brings people luck?
13. What influences the climate in the northern hemisphere?
14. What makes you happy?
15. What grows in the desert?
16. What flowers grow in Africa?
17. How many people know English in your family?
18. Which month has 28 days?
19. Which of you wants to go to Germany in September?
20. What peoples live in Asia?
21. What languages have many vowels?
22. What animals hunt at night?
23. How many horses usually take part in the race?
24. What place of interest attracts many tourists to Italy?
25. Which of the students type the lectures?
26. What book tells us the story of a boy in the jungle?
1. Our teacher doesn’t let us go out at the exam.
2. Such sad stories make most girls cry.
3. Parents let their children go to bed after midnight at New Year.
4. Some people take special pills that make them fall asleep quickly.
5. This novel makes us understand the problem of racial inequality.
1. Hardships always make us think about our life.
2. New computers let us solve difficult problems in a shorter period of time.
3. Do you really let your dog walk without a muzzle?
4. Who makes you work so much?
5. Let me ask you one more question.
6. Sunrays make plants grow faster.
7. Don’t let the children play with a knife.
8. What makes him behave like this?
9. A fast run makes the heart beat faster.
10. The neighbours let their children do what they want to.
11. Planes let people travel long distances.
12. The teachers make us sweat in PE!
13. All the four wheels make the car move.
14. Why do you make us worry?
15. Let them have a rest tomorrow.
1. some 2. any 3. any 4. any 5. some 6. any 7. some, any 8. some 9. any 10. any 11. some, any 12. any 13. any 14. any 15. some 16. any, some 17. some 18. any 19. any 20. some
1. There is no time to waste. 2. I know no people around here. 3. There are no letters for you today. 4. There is no difference between these phones. 5. Snails have no bones. 6. She speaks no foreign languages. 7. There are no good music tracks on your SD card. 8. The students have no classes tomorrow. 9. There is no space for luggage in the car. 10. There is no memory card in the camera.
1. We have no sugar, go and buy some, please. We don’t have any sugar …
2. There is no gasoline in the tank. There isn’t any gasoline…
3. There are no big parks in our city. There aren’t any big parks …
4. There are no storks in winter they are all in the South. There aren’t any storks …
5. There are no pupils at school in summer, they are on holidays. There aren’t any pupils …
1. anybody 2. nobody 3. anybody 4. somebody 5. somebody 6. anybody 7. nobody 8. nobody 9. anybody 10. nobody 11. anybody 12. anybody
1. nothing 2. anything 3. nothing 4. something 5. nothing 6. anything 7. something 8. nothing 9. anything 10. something, anything 11. nothing 12. anything
1. some 2. some 3. any 4. nobody 5. anybody, some 6. no 7. anything, nothing 8. anywhere, somewhere 9. anywhere, nowhere 10. something 11. anybody, nobody 12. any 13. some 14. no 15. somewhere 16. any 17. nothing 18. nothing 19. any, any(thing) 20. some 21. something 22. anything 23. somewhere 24. some 25. somebody 26. nothing 27. some 28. any 29. anybody, anything 30. anywhere
1. Does anybody live in that old house?
2. Do you know anything about W. Thackeray?
3. Sometimes we stay in our house on the island for some days.
4. Some people speak some foreign languages perfectly. Do you know any (of them)?
5. Let’s buy something for Christmas.
6. Let’s look for the presents somewhere else. There is nothing suitable here.
7. Nobody uses this truck any more. It’s broken.
8. Stuntmen can drive any vehicles.
9. Something strange often happens in this little town.
10. We have no more time for stupid conversations with you.
11. Tom has got some more mobile numbers.
12. Do you know any interesting places in Berlin?
13. I would like to borrow some book from you. – Take any, they are all interesting.
14. The city of Darwin is somewhere in the north of Australia.
15. Are there any fruit trees in your garden?
16. Teenagers do not understand some moments in this novel, as a rule, it’s too difficult for them.
17. The children would like to eat something. Let’s drop into a café.
18. Can you see anything in the water? – Yes, there is something big, probably a shark.
19. Please, write down some new words in your exercise-books.
20. Does anybody know the meaning of the word ‘procrastination’?
1. a lot of/much 2. much, much 3. many, many 4. much 5. many 6. a lot of/many 7. a lot/much 8. a lot of/many 9. many 10. much 11. much 12. a lot of 13. a lot of/many 14. a lot/many 15. much/a lot 16. much 17. many 18. many 19. much 20. many 21. much
1. a lot of seashells 2. many mistakes 3. many boats 4. a lot of fish 5. a lot of unusual things 6. much difference 7. a lot of time 8. a lot of attention 9. much attention 10. a lot of approaches 11. a lot of lightbulbs 12. much 13. a lot 14. much time 15. a lot of tricks
1. A lot of people in the modern world wear glasses. 2. Do many pupils in your class wear glasses? 3. They don’t spend much time on the way home. 4. How much sugar do you put in your tea? – Not so much, one teaspoonful. 5. There are a lot of forest paths in the country where we ride our bikes with the friends in summer. 6. Are there many rooms in your school? 7. How many rooms are there in your school? 8. Some electric devices require a lot of energy. 9. How many people work at the construction site? – Usually about twenty. – Not so many. 10. How many students in your group study English? – All of them. – Only half of my group do. 11. Children have a lot of gadgets nowadays and they waste a lot of time on them. 12. What fish has many sharp teeth? 13. How many centimetres are there in one metre? 14. There are a lot of unusual animals in Australia. 15. There is too much salt in the soup.
1. I don’t like to ask too many questions. 2. Don’t let Tim play computer games too much. 3. Would you like to buy many balloons? 4. This website helps to download a lot of useful books in Chemistry. 5. The students think that the teachers make them do a lot of useless tasks. 6. Do you think that your teacher makes you do much useless work? 7. The readers always ask Mr Reed to answer a lot of questions. 8. Don’t make the girl bring so many books to school.
1. (a) little 2. a few 3. a few 4. few 5. a few 6. (a) little 7. a few 8. few 9. a few 10. few 11. little 12. little 13. a few 14. a few 15. little 16. little 17. a little 18. a little 19. a few 20. a few 21. few 22. little 23. a few 24. a few 24. a few 25. a few 26. few 27. little 28. little 29. few 30. a few
1. There are few windows in their house. It’s rather dark in some rooms. 2. Even at 2 a.m. there are a few windows with the light on. 3. Many people know that sugar is not healthy, but few (of them) avoid eating it. 4. There is little wallpaper in the shop; I don’t know what we can buy here. 5. We have a few more rolls of wallpaper at home and we need to buy only three or four ones. 6. Dad likes it when there is little salt in the food. 7. Would you like some more chicken? – Yes, just a little. 8. We always have little time for hobbies and other interesting activities on holidays. 9. I have a little time and we can discuss all the questions. 10. John has a little money and he wants to buy a memory card for his new camera. 11. There are few good shots on the card. You can easily remove everything. 12. Don’t close the page; there are a few interesting articles here. 13. Few children ride bicycles in the city. 14. There is little good music on this radio channel so I do not listen to it. 15. There is little fresh air in the room. Open the window, please. 16. Do you have a few clean sheets of paper for the printer? – Sure, how many do you need? 17. Do you have a little gasoline? My fuel tank is almost empty. – Sure, how much do you need? – Five or six litres. 18. We have a few more spare lightbulbs in the pantry. 19. There is little ink in the printer and we can’t print out the report. 20. There are few mice in a house when there is a cat there. 21. There is little information on the climate of Great Britain in the textbook.
1. How many sentences do you understand in the text? 2. There are few cars on the roads at midnight. 3. A lot of birds fly to the South in autumn. 4. Some birds stay in the North in winter. 5. A lot of artists paint their pictures for a few years. 6. Do cows produce little milk in winter? 7. The children don’t know much about their great-grandparents. 8. We need a little practice to ride the new bikes. 9. Is there any news about the hurricane from the USA? 10. There are no valuable things in the luggage.
1c 2b 3a 4a 5c 6b 7a 8a 9b 10c 11c 12a 13b 14b 15a
Boris has a lot of textbooks in English. They are all interesting and there are a lot of new words in them. But the boy himself is very lazy and he doesn’t want to learn any new rules. He reads little and remembers few words. He plays much on his phone and his computer. His mom and dad ask him to learn more but he doesn’t listen to them.
One day a girl comes up to Boris in the street and asks him something. He doesn’t understand anything and she doesn’t speak Russian. Boris feels ashamed that he doesn’t know English and he doesn’t want to learn it. And his parents often buy him books for that.
The girl asks him about something once again. Boris flushes and doesn’t say anything.
Now Boris learns a few English words and expressions daily, he also watches cartoons and reads stories. His teacher is happy that he finally does well in English and makes good progress. Boris says that he wants to go to Britain or to the USA. That’s why he has English even on holidays.